Bison medallions with mixed berries
10 to 15 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
30 ml (2 tbsp.) maple syrup
30 ml (2 tbsp.) balsamic vinegar
300 ml (1 1/4 cups) demi-glace or 600 ml (2 1/2 cups) veal stock reduced by half
60 ml (1/4 cup) port
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
60 ml (1/4 cup) blueberries
125 ml (1/2 cup) raspberries
15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
8 medallions of bison tenderloin, about 100 g (3 1/2 oz.)
- In a saucepan, heat the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the demi-glace and the port.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer gently for about 10 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Add the blueberries and raspberries.
- Keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter foams copiously, cook the meat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side for rare, or a bit more according to your preference.
- Remove the meat and let rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the medallions on plates.
- Top with the sauce.
- Serve with roasted potatoes with herbs and one steamed vegetable.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.