Pork medallions with port and blueberry sauce
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
30 ml (2 tbsp.) sugar
30 ml (2 tbsp.) distilled vinegar
300 ml (1 1/4 cups) demi-glace or 600 ml (2 1/2 cups) veal stock reduced to half
60 ml (1/4 cup) port
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
250 ml (1 cup) blueberries
15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
800 g (1 3/4 lb.) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) medallions
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a saucepan, heat the sugar and the vinegar over medium-high heat.
- Monitor the boiling liquid closely, without stirring, until the syrup turns amber.
- Add the demi-glace and port.
- Simmer slowly and reduce until desired consistency.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Add the blueberries at the last minute.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Season the medallions with salt and pepper.
- Once the butter foams well, sear the meat on each side.
- Place the medallions on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 to 17 minutes for rosy perfection.
- Remove from the oven and cover with aluminum foil.
- Let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Place the medallions on plates.
- Top with sauce.
- Serve with buttered noodles and steamed broccoli.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.