Homemade pasta with mushrooms
15 to 20 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
380 g (13.4 oz) all-purpose or “00” flour
80 g (3 oz) dehydrated-wild mushroom powder
1 pinch salt
5 mL (1 tsp) olive oil
600 g (1.3 lb) favourite wild mushrooms, sliced
2 grey shallots, thinly sliced
125 mL (1/2 cup) white wine
75 mL (1/3 cup) 35% cream
Fleur de sel
4 eggs, poached
6 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- In a bowl, combine the flour, half the mushroom powder and salt.
- Incorporate the eggs into the dry ingredients one at a time, then mix in the olive oil. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes or until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Run the dough through a pasta roller until desired thickness (the thinnest possible is recommended for this recipe).
- Cut the pasta into 10 cm x 15 cm (4 in x 6 in) rectangles. Dust the rectangles with flour and set aside, so that they don't stick together.
- In a large saucepan, boil very salted water.
- In a large skillet, sauté the mushrooms and shallots in a little butter.
- Deglaze with the white wine and reduce by half. Add the cream and reduce until creamy.
- Cook the fresh pasta in the boiling water for about 2.5 minutes, drain, then add to the sauce and gently stir to coat.
- Prepare a mushroom fleur de sel by mixing a bit of fleur de sel with the remaining mushroom powder. Set aside.
- In each of four serving bowls, place some pasta and a poached egg.
- Season with the mushroom fleur de sel and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.