Brie and eggplant pizza
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
60 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
125 ml (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
750 ml (3 cups) eggplant, diced
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) white mushrooms, sliced
Salt and ground pepper to taste
10 ml (2 tsp.) fresh oregano, chopped
4 pieces of pita bread
125 ml (1/2 cup) homemade or commercial tomato sauce for pizza
300 g (10 1/2 oz.) sliced brie
- Preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F).
- In a frying pan, heat the oil over high and sweat the garlic and onion for 1 minute.
- Add the eggplant and mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes. Season.
- Place the vegetables in a dish and sprinkle on the oregano. Set aside.
- Spread tomato sauce on each piece of pita bread.
- Spread the eggplantmushroom mixture on the bread rounds.
- Cover the pizzas with the brie slices.
- Place the pizzas on a cookie sheet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese is thoroughly melted and the edges of the pita bread are crispy.
- Cut each pizza into 4 to 6 slices and serve.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.