Barbecued Asian chicken breast with bean sprout salad
12 to 15 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
60 ml (1/4 cup) soy sauce
60 ml (1/4 cup) sugar
60 ml (1/4 cup) sesame oil
15 ml (1 tbsp.) rice vinegar
15 ml (1 tbsp.) lime juice
30 ml (2 tbsp.) green onion, thinly sliced
15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh ginger, chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp.) garlic, chopped
1 Thai chili pepper, seeded and minced (or hot pepper sauce)
60 ml (1/4 cup) mixed sesame oil
30 ml (2 tbsp.) lime juice, freshly squeezed
30 ml (2 tbsp.) soy sauce
15 ml (1 tbsp.) nuoc mâm (fish sauce)
10 ml (2 tsp.) sugar
1 ml (1/4 tsp.) crushed chili pepper
300 g (10 oz) bean sprouts
500 ml (2 cups) baby spinach, torn into pieces
500 ml (2 cups) napa cabbage, torn into pieces
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
100 ml (7 tbsp.) unsalted peanuts, toasted and crushed
- In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients, mixing vigorously with a fork to dissolve the sugar and incorporate the oil.
- Place the chicken breasts in a gratin dish.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, stirring and coating it.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, flipping the chicken every hour.
- In another bowl, mix together the vinaigrette ingredients and stir well. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the barbecue to 260°C (500°F) or maximum heat.
- Cook the chicken breasts uncovered for 6 to 7 minutes on each side.
- In a large salad bowl, mix together the salad ingredients.
- Pour in half the vinaigrette and toss.
- Taste the salad and adjust the vinaigrette if needed.
- Divide the salad among the plates.
- Garnish with peanuts.
- Top each salad plate with a grilled chicken breast and serve immediately.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.