Beet salad with warm goat cheese
30 minutes + 20 minutes resting
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
4 medium beets
4 slices log-style ripened goat cheese, about 2.5-cm (1-in) thick
60 mL (1/4 cup) ground walnuts
500 mL (2 cups) arugula leaves or pea shoots
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 grey shallot, finely chopped
60 mL (1/4 cup) red-wine vinegar
125 mL (1/2 cup) walnut oil
10 mL (2 tsp) Dijon mustard
2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) each, salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, steam the 4 beets for 25 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes, then remove the skin with your fingers. Finely slice the beets and divide among 4 plates. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, combine all the vinaigrette ingredients and let the flavours develop for 20 minutes.
- Place the oven rack in the middle and preheat to broil.
- Spread the ground walnuts on a plate. With a cookie cutter or paring knife, remove the rind from the cheese slices. Roll each slice in the ground walnuts, pushing lightly to make sure the nuts adhere well to all sides of the cheese. Place the slices on a baking sheet. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes until cheese starts to melt and turn brown.
- Place some arugula leaves over each serving of beets, top each with a warm slice of goat cheese and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.