Endive salad with blue cheese
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
6 white endives, or a mix of red and white endives
2 ripe pears, peeled, cut in quarters and sliced thinly
1 large red apple, cut in quarters and sliced thinly
2 green onions, thinly sliced
125 ml (1/2 cup) walnuts, toasted and chopped
125 ml (1/2 cup) blue cheese
Juice of 1 large lemon, about 60 ml (1/4 cup)
5 ml (1 tsp.) Dijon mustard
5 ml (1 tsp.) honey
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
15 ml (1 tsp.) walnut oil (optional, but will add more refined flavour)
- Thinly slice the endives and place them in a salad bowl.
- Add the sliced fruit, green onions, walnuts and cheese. Stir gently. Set aside.
- In another bowl, prepare the vinaigrette mixing together the lemon juice, mustard and honey.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- With a whisk, whip the mixture to emulsify it as you gradually add the olive oil.
- Set aside.
- When ready to serve, top the salad with the vinaigrette and toss gently.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.