10 to 12 minutes, depending on the sardine size
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
12 or 16 fresh sardines (3 or 4 per person, depending on their size)
180 ml (3/4 cup) olive oil
Juice of 2 lemons
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 small garlic clove, minced
30 to 45 ml (2 to 3 tbsp.) fresh coriander, minced
- Clean and oil the barbecue grill, preheat it to 180 °C (375 °F).
- Rinse and drain the sardines.
- In a bowl, mix together a bit of oil and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sardines and stir well so they are well-coated with marinade. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together a vinaigrette with the rest of the lemon juice and oil, the garlic, coriander and black pepper. Set aside.
- Remove the sardines from the marinade and drain slightly.
- Grill on both sides for 5 to 6 minutes, depending on their size.
- Turn off the barbecue, close the lid and allow sardines to finish cooking.
- Place the sardines on a large serving plate.
- Top with the vinaigrette.
- Serve with a green salad and black olives.
Adding some vinaigrette is much easier than removing it! Just use half of the vinaigrette to sprinkle the sardines and offer the rest of the vinaigrette in a sauceboat. Your guests will then be able to adjust the seasoning to their taste.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.