Baked-sausage spaghetti sauce
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
4 Italian sausages (600 g [1 1/3 lb]), sliced 2.5 cm (1 in) thick
2 medium red onions, cut into petals
60 mL (1/4 cup) olive oil
250 mL (1 cup) red wine
2 sprigs rosemary, in small bouquets
1 796-mL (28-oz) can tomatoes
5 mL (1 tsp) salt
5 mL (1 tsp) hot pepper flakes
454 g (1 lb) pasta, any kind
45 mL (3 tbsp) butter
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Place the sausages, onions and olive oil in a 23-cm x 33-cm (9-in x 13-in) ovenproof dish. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add the wine and rosemary, and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Coarsely break up the tomatoes with your fingers and add them to the sausages, along with the salt and hot-pepper flakes. Return to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Remove the sausages from the oven. Add the butter to the drained pasta and toss. Transfer pasta to the serving bowl and mix with sausage. Serve immediately.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.