4 to 5 minutes (mussels)
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
1 red pepper
1 orange or yellow pepper
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
Red wine vinegar
4 or 5 balls of bocconcini cheese
1 bunch of Italian parsley, chopped
1 can of 414 ml (14 oz) of artichoke hearts, drained
16 large mussels
12 slices of bread
4 slices of smoked salmon
15 to 30 ml (1 or 2 tbsp.) capers, drained
2 green onions, thinly sliced
250 ml (1 cup) calamari salad
12 cooked shrimp
4 slices of smoked trout
300 g (3/4 lb.) assorted sliced charcuterie (Serrano ham, chorizo, sobrasada, dry sausage, etc.)
250 g (1/2 lb.) assorted olives (green, black, garlic-stuffed, anchovy-stuffed, etc.)
12 small cherry or grape tomatoes
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds.
- Roast under the broiler or grill on the barbecue (they should be very dark).
- Peel and cut into wide strips.
- In a bowl, season the peppers with salt and pepper.
- Add a dash of oil, half of the garlic and a few drops of vinegar. Stir and set aside.
- In a bowl, marinate the bocconcini in a bit of oil and vinegar.
- Add 1/3 of the parsley. Set aside.
- Place the artichoke hearts in a bowl.
- Add the remaining garlic and 1/3 of the parsley.
- Add a dash of oil and a few drops of vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and set aside.
- Steam the mussels for 4 to 5 minutes or until they are all opened. Remove from the shells.
- Toast the bread under the broiler or in a toaster.
- Cut 4 slices into 4 triangles and another 4 slices into 4 squares.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the remaining 4 slices into circles.
- Spread the 16 round toasts with mayonnaise.
- Place a small roll of smoked salmon on each canapé.
- Garnish with one caper and a sprinkle of green onion.
- Top the 16 square toasts with a small amount of marinated peppers.
- Add one or two mussels on each.
- Sprinkle with the remaining parsley.
- In a large serving dish, place the remaining marinated peppers, the artichokes, the calamari salad, the shrimp, the smoked trout, the charcuterie, the olives and the tomatoes.
- Place the round and square canapés on a large plate.
- Place the triangular toasts in a bread basket.
- Serve at the centre of the table, family-style.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.